Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2 down, swimming to go

My back was tired and I didn't know if it would be a good idea to go run with Annette tonight or not. But Sam said it shouldn't be a problem so I decided to take it easy. Annette and I met at the rec center and all 4 treadmills were taken so we both hopped on a bike. My legs were tired and sore so I had my bike on a low setting just to keep them moving without too much resistance. We weren't biking too long before 2 treadmills became free so we moved over to run. I was planning on running 2 miles today but since I worked out so much today and yesterday, I decided just to run till I wanted to stop. Well I didn't want to stop till I made it 2.5 miles. So much for taking it easy. The treadmill is old though and I kept hitting my fingers on the bar in front of me, cracking my knuckles. I beat Annette done since she was running 5 miles. But she was mad because she doesn't believe the distance on the treadmill.

So I've accomplished my mini triathlon distance on the bike and the treadmill, now just for the swimming part which I realized is 20 lengths of the pool, not 10 like I had thought it was (heavy sigh). I have to swim tomorrow so I was watching the people in the pool tonight as I waited for Annette for examples. There were kids in a swimming class and they were doing pretty well in the free style except for the one little girl in the slow lane. She got passed by other kids in her lane as she struggled to go anywhere with her stroke. I imagine that girl as me.

Watching food network right now and Alton Brown on Good Eats is making shoo-fly pie. Its was created by the Pennsylvania Dutch so he took a little trip to Pennsylvania and gave the brief history of the Pennsylvania Dutch. They aren't from Sweden, or the Netherlands, but are German (deutsch) who left their country for religious persecution. Just some history for those who didn't understand my Fastnacht day.

No comments:

Post a Comment