Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Running Better

I went on my second run today. The weather is great which motivates me to go outside and enjoy it. It went much better this time. I ran the whole half mile including the uphill part to the halfway point. I walked a little to begin the second half and then ran the rest of the way down. My collapsed (not deflated as I referred to it in my previous blog) is feeling much better and I think my breathing has improved too. Maybe the cycling helped my cardio even though I only did a minimal amount of it.

While I was at the store and on my run today I had to run 2 scans on my computer because it told me I had a trojan virus. But of course it took more than a half an hour to run each scan and both came back with 'no trojan found.' But since I couldn't play online, I had no other option than to get my other errands (i.e. store, run, organize bedroom) done. Shopping wasn't to successful either. I was looking for my one piece swimsuit for my free-style swim training but R.E.I. doesn't have their swimwear out yet. What kind of sporting store is it if they don't have all their stuff out year round. They shouldn't have 'seasonal' items. Outdoor enthusiasts do this stuff all year round. I knew Target has some swimsuit options online that are somewhere between sexy and ugly sporty. But when I went there, I couldn't them either. This is making it difficult for me to practice swimming if I cant buy an appropriate swimsuit anywhere.

When I was getting ready to leave this morning, construction workers came and started to jack hammer my 'driveway.' But that didn't last long and now they are working on the road just off the driveway making it smell like tar. This deterred me from starting my run when I first left the house because I didn't want ogling from them. They had already been beeping their horns so I was hoping that any beeping when I was out there was just a continuation of that and not directed at me.

Going to visit D.C. this afternoon. Sam will be working so I can play with him a little and can also walk around and catch some rays and work on my cardio or visit museums. But driving in D.C. has always and continues to be scary and a challenge for me. I call Sam most times mumbling on the verge or crying that "I'm lost. Help!" He can tell my the mumbling what is wrong and I am usually in not so good of an area. So even though he finds humor in these calls, he just gave me turn my turn directions to get there this afternoon to prevent another call even though the trip should only take 12 minutes. I always tell people that getting anywhere in D.C. takes an hour. I'll have to be home before rush hour and the gym tonight of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment