Friday, February 20, 2009

Quitting and Donuts

Yesterday I went to the gym to ride a bike since I skipped body pump last night to go to happy hour. But I wasn't very motivated. I had decided to watch news in the morning because I have been sticking with HGTV and Food Network for a while and haven't been up to date on my current events. That was a bad idea though because I heard that the unemployment rate is going to increase till 2011. Which put me in a bad/upset mood and I didn't feel motivated to workout. So I'm going to go back to watch HGTV and the Food Network again.

A former co-worker, Theresa came up from Florida yesterday for work so we gathered people to go out to happy hour. It was fun and everyone stayed around till after 10 which surprised me since most of them had to go to work this morning. I didn't have to go to work but I did have to go to the pool.

My swimsuit hadn't arrived yet so I put on my two piece once again. Sam told me to focus on using a boogie board and kicking. I didn't hesitate too long before jumping in the pool. I took off on my boogie board but didn't make it a quarter of a lap when I realized that I wasn't going forward anymore. So I walked back to the wall and tried again. The same thing happened. I was still kicking but not moving. Frustrated, annoyed and upset, I got out of the pool, got dressed and went up to the front desk to see if I could get my money back for the stroke clinic class because I didn't want to swim anymore. I can get my money back if I write a letter. I called Sam upset when I got home and told him that I am quitting the triathlon. He said I'm not and that when he goes to the pool with me on Monday and helps me and when I start my classes it will get easier. But I don't like getting in the pool enough to motivate me to get in it just to get upset and go no where each time.

I sulked for most of the afternoon and my swimsuit, goggles and caps arrived. I tried on the suit but it gives me a double butt. You know, the suit cuts my cheeks in half giving me 4 butt cheeks. Not sure if I should return it and get a bigger size or not. I told Sam I will try it on for him to get his opinion but I bet I already know what it is. My old camera arrived today also from Olympus. I was hoping to use my old memory card in my new camera, but come to find out, the new camera takes a different kind of card. If I knew that I could have gotten a card last week and have taken more than 8 pictures. I'll get a new memory card tonight so I can take lots of pictures this weekend when Sam comes home with us for Fasnacht Day , a Pennsylvania Dutch holiday celebrated on Fat Tuesday when they make donuts to use up all their fat and grease before Lent. Megan is also bring her friend Annette up who wants to see the country. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment