Monday, February 9, 2009

Made it!

Just returned from my first run. What I didn't notice while measuring the length of my route in my car is that it is uphill to the halfway/turn around point. I think I made it about a quarter mile then walked the remainder of the half mile uphill. Coming back the next half mile was good and I ran the whole way and probably could have went longer. But I didn't want to over do it on my first try. Too bad the weather today isn't going to last or I wouldn't mind taking just 15 minutes out of my afternoon to take a scenic run. Going to the gym to run on the treadmill will take about 45 minutes with travel included. Seems like a waste. One other note that I made while running is that i need more than an hour to digest my food. My side started to hurt but I tried to keep breathing properly so luckily the side pain never became too much for me to handle. Like the cycling class last week, when my body warms up, my nose starts running. That's annoying and distracting but gave me a few breaks in the cycling class to wipe it. Must keep the motivation to continue my training. Need to do 2.5 miles easily before the triathlon.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Marci! How did the shoes work out? Remember, run-walk to not wear yourself out and get your heart used to pumping that hard!

    ReplyDelete