Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Uncomfortable responses

I went to the gym with Sam this morning. I ran a bit on the treadmill and then we did his ab circuit. He is going to take me to his (other) gym on Monday where there is a pool to show me how to properly do the freestyle so I'm not wasting all my energy doing 1 lap badly. Apparently I have to put my head underwater without getting water up my nose. We'll see about that. I told him he has to confirm that the water temperature is at least 82 degrees or I wont get in it. I don't think he will though. His friend (who's gf is the one who started this whole mini tri thing) and his roommate are planning on doing our super sprint triathlon with us. This means more pressure on my to finish it and on Sam to do his fast.

When I got home there was a 'boil your water ban lifted' news press stuck in my door. Finally. I had to skip body pump tonight to go to an ASLA happy hour/open house where I thought I might hear about a job opening. Shivanee decided to come along earlier this week. She attended a job fair at UMD this afternoon but there were no firms hiring l.a.s. And instead of going home and then coming down here later, she came straight to my place to wait for the open house. But unlike last time, neither of us napped today. We drank our fair share of free alcohol and responded uncomfortably to the 'where do you work?' questions. I knew a good amount of people there and former coworkers so I was able to be sociable and enjoy myself. Only on the way out did we get a job tip. Shivanee and I shared a half chicken dinner and then I brought her back to my place so she could go home (or somewhere else). I have another happy hour tomorrow so I have to reschedule my gym workouts. Shivanee is considering making tomorrow a repeat of today and might come hang out with me again and then attend happy hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment