Friday, February 6, 2009

Leaks and Cabins

Last Friday a contractor came to the house to find and/or fix a leak from the bathtub upstairs that leaks into the laundry room downstairs. He was here for a few hours and finally found the problem. Today was supposed to be the day he came back to fix it and to retile our bathtub and shower if our landlord found tiles to use. But I found out in and email this morning that the repair of the tile is not going to happen till later this month. And in the same email from my landlord, she asked if the leak repair that the contractor did made the leak stop. I had to inform her that he didnt stop the leak and it is dripping just like before, now just without a ceiling to absorb it. I'm interested to see her response to that information.

Sam and I were contemplating taking a weekend trip to a state park sometime before summer. We were able to narrow it down to a weekend in late April and also narrowed down our park selection to 2 parks that have cabins for us to stay in. Both have their pros and cons. I've done my share of tent camping when I was younger and one Fourth of July during college at a KOA campground with our grandparents, aunts, cousins and mother, I had my breaking point and couldn't do it anymore. I have friends who are into all the outdoorsy stuff but luckily Sam has camped also but is not an 'outdoor enthusist' either. The cabin comes furnished almost like home and since we don't do too many outdoor activities we decided just to stay for 2 nights or else we might bet bored. April is 'mid-season' so I was kind of concerned that no one else would be at the park besides us. But as we tried to finalize which park we were going to, I found that the cabins in the one park are all booked for the weekend we wanted to go and there are only 3 options at the other and none of those come with a lakeview that I wanted. So that helped us to pick which park to go to and eased my mind that we would be all alone in the wilderness. The average temperature is about 71 for April so Sam is hoping that we can catch some rays besides taking a hike or two. Another plus about the park I just booked is that it is 7 miles from town so we can go get drunk with the locals as Sam likes for us to do as tradition when we go to any little town together.

No comments:

Post a Comment