Monday, February 16, 2009

"Water Main Break"

(a continuation/update from yesterdays blog) Sam and I had our Valentines date last night and I wanted to shower at 4 to get ready. I hadn't heard too much noise outside from the work being done in the road so I checked for water but still had none. So I put on sneakers and a sweater and stormed out to the hole they were digging. I asked the foreman when were going to have water again. He explained to me that they still had to dig more and replace the pipe. So I asked 'not for a while?' He said not for a few more hours. Angrily I packed a bag with shower supplies and my tooth brush and went to the gym where the water pressure was surprisingly good and it reminded me of college. Sam picked me up around 6 and we were going to stay at my place after supper unless there was still no water. When we got back at 11 pm, they were still working in the street and there was a 'boil your water' letter stuck in my door. I checked and still had no water. Its ironic that they would tell us to boil our water even though we didn't have any water to boil. They are still doing work in the street but we have water again. It would have been nice if they gave us notice or some kind of information yesterday morning to let us know for how long they estimated we would be without water. Especially since it was a Sunday and most people don't work and because people might need to work today and would appreciate taking a shower for work. Yes I am bitter because there was similar work within the past month which cause me to be without water for a few hours on a weekday without notice. I want to do laundry and dishes today but don't know if the water will stain my clothes and if the dish washer will leave bacteria on my dishes.

On another note. Sam gave me a Snuggie for Valentines day last night in addition to the baby rose and box of chocolates on Saturday. A Snuggie comes in very handy for me since I do a lot of lounging these days. We went to Faccia Luna where there was a wait. We weren't expecting so many people on a Sunday night. After dinner we met up with one of Sam's friends and his gf for drinks and that place was busy too. Finally we figured out that people were out because today is a holiday and people have off. If I was still at my former employer, I would have to work today though.

No comments:

Post a Comment