Saturday, February 14, 2009

freestyle and valentines

I went the to rec center pool this morning with my friend Annette. Since it is a Saturday, the pool was crowded. Babies in the shallow end and 2+ people in each lap lane. Annette was tempted to kidnap a baby. The water temperature was warm enough at 82 which was my fear, that the water would be too cold and I would hate going to practice because of it. I was able to make it 1.5 laps before I had to stop to catch my breath. I was happy I could do that much without flipping over to my back or turning into a doggy paddle. I'll have to continue my cardio training to improve my endurance in the pool. I think body pump has helped my strength so my legs and arms are capable of doing more laps. Annette and I didn't swim too long because we think we were annoying and interfering with the 'real' swimmers in our lane and who wanted in our lane. We got in the sauna then for a few minutes but I still felt tired and dizzy from swimming. I signed up for a membership to use the pool to practice on weekdays when the other people in the pool should be working. I also signed up for the stroke clinic class but saw on the bulletin board that it was full. So I was kind of upset because I didn't have a back up plan. But the front desk guy looked it up on his computer and there were only 2 other people signed up so I made 3 which was the class minimum (the max is 7). Now I must find my suit. I was the only person besides the babies wearing a 2 piece. I'm going to make a training schedule/calendar too so I can keep track of my progress and make sure I keep my days even in the type of workouts that I do.

Just found a box outside my door (under the direction of Sam). Inside the box was a little red box with chocolates in it. I always wanted a heart shaped box of chocolates from a boy I liked. Dream come true! And also in the box was a baby rose plant with a pretty pot. The first thing I pulled out of the box was a 'small pets shipping warmer' so I was worried there might be a small animal in it and was waiting for it to scare me. But nothing did. The warmer must have been to keep the rose from freezing. I consider the rose Sam and my equivalent to the love fern on How to Loose a Guy in Ten Days. Sam works tonight so we are celebrating Valentines Day tomorrow. Last year we had just started dating so I just send him an e-card and we avoided going out on Valentines Day to avoid pressure or stress. Celebrating Valentines on the day after is kind of becoming a tradition now.

No comments:

Post a Comment