Monday, February 23, 2009

Fastnacht Day

Went home on Saturday morning for Fastnacht Day. Sam and Annette joined us to help us 'celebrate' the holiday. It was a tiring day because we made 3 batches of donuts. Sam is concerned he is going to get fat from eating them. We made the typical glazed as well as cinnamon and sugar coated and Dad melted chocolate icing to ice a few. Grandma kept count and I think we made around 200. But we made holes as well as the regular donuts so I'm not sure if that includes holes or not. I was planning on taking a bike ride to get some kind of training in but it was cold so Sam and I went on a short 4-wheeler ride around the yard. After the nap that followed making donuts, we headed over to Heidi and Brian's house for supper and to celebrate Brian's birthday. We ate a lot there too and then played a game of Clue. Its actually a fun game. I was worried that it would be like monopoly and takes days to play but we played 2 rounds before leaving. I won the second round. Sam headed back down on Saturday night but Annette stayed and went to church with us on Sunday. The three of us came back down to NOVA on Sunday afternoon.

This morning I went to Sam's gym with him to practice swimming. I had all my swim apparel this time. The pool was small but the water was 84 degrees which is slightly warmer than my pool and they were playing classical music for entertainment. There were some discouraging moments but Sam showed me all the proper techniques so that once I get better at kicking and breathing and floating, I'll be able to tie them all together to swim. My problem now is that my bottom half sinks and I get a lot of water in my mouth and nose because I haven't figured out how to syncronize my breathing and strokes. We actually spent 45 minutes in the pool and then hopped in the hot tub before leaving.
I also went to body pump tonight but my legs were tired. And I can't find my weight lifting gloves that Sam got me for my birthday so that is a little upsetting. Tomorrow I'll do some cardio and pilates. Then its back to the pool on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment