Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gerber baby

I picked Megan up at the airport last night at 10 and when we returned home we had no water...again. So I went out to the hole that the guys were still digging in and the foreman saw me and said "She's pissed again." He said that the water should only be off for a few minutes this time and definitely not be an all day thing like Sunday. He said something like "Lord help me" or something like that. I told him I wanted to make sure because my sister had to shower. Luckily I had already showered. So he sent his apologies to my sister. But it was after our bedtime so I told Megan to shower in the morning. I was awoken at 1am this morning with a lot of noise coming from the pipes. If I didnt assume it was the water coming back on, I would have thought that someone was trying to break in. It was more like a few hours and not a few minutes for the water to come back on as he stated. But we have had water all day today and I haven't seen the work crew at all.

I went to the pool by myself this morning. It was less crowded so I got in the first lane where it wasn't reserved for just swimming laps. There was an older lady with some noodles doing water aerobics in the lane with me. And in the entry ramp next to my lane was a mother and her 2 kids. One was a boy about 5 years old and the other one was an adorable baby girl who I will estimate is somewhere between 12 and 18 months. I want to kidnap her. She kind of looks like the Gerber baby with a round face, strawberry blond hair, rosy cheeks and blue eyes. She had a little swimsuit on with a ruffle and liked to climb in and out of the pool and splash and 'talk' like a little person. I told her mother she is adorable and she replied that she is a hand full. She helped to motivate me to do my laps so when I got back to the end I could make faces at her. I wanted to get a long swim practice in today but couldn't do more than 1 lap continuously. And I would go to the end of the lane and stand for a bit to catch my breath and do it again. As I got tired my form would get bad and I would drink water. On my last lap my body gave up on so I made it back to the end of the pool swimming on my back. I only spent about 15 minutes there but I wanted to spend atleast 30 minutes there. I squeezed the baby's fat thigh as I walked by her family to get out of the pool. I'll have to keep increasing my cardio so I can breath easier in the pool. And hopefully my swimming gear and stroke clinic will help too. I need to be able to do 10 laps, not one.

I made lasagna this afternoon before Pilates and am about ready to bake it. I bought an oven thermometer today because I am positive that the oven doesn't heat to as hot as it says it does. I've tried to make a few meals lately and have had to bake them for twice as long as the recipe says to make sure that it is baked thoroughly. Well I just preheated the oven to 375 and the preheat buzzer went off. But the thermometer says the oven is only 275. That is off by 100 degrees! No wonder my meals have been taking so long to cook. But I'll fix it now with my correct thermometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment