Friday, February 13, 2009

mp3, classifieds and D.C.

They are jackhammering outside again. And of course, today I go on another run. I bet they planned it so that they could be out there when I run. There's less guys though and I have about 15-30 minutes before I run so maybe they will be done by then. Yesterday I went and rode a bike at the gym and then got a new mp3 player. I needed help at Best Buy and no one asked me if I needed any even though I wandered around a lot, looked lost and stood at the end of the mp3 player isle looking for help. I finally found a group of salespeople standing together and told them I needed help in the mp3 player isle. After a lot of comparing and thinking, I ended up getting a 4GB clip. But now I'm having problems filling it up. I have yet to reach 2GB of work out songs so I am putting other whole albums onto it. I'm also having issues keeping my play lists too. That's annoying.

I looked through the Washington Post classifieds this morning thinking that they might have some kind of job related to 'landscape.' But what I found was pages and pages of estate sales and only ONE COLUMN of jobs. I'm guessing that the Washington Post is encouraging people to spend money buying crap at the estate sales instead of getting a job and making money. I did find a classified for a 6th grade algebra tutor. That is in my education experience and I tutored and elementary school girl when I was in h.s.

I had fun being a 'visiting local' (not a tourist) in D.C. on Wednesday and playing with Sam some. I didn't get lost any even though traffic was heavy for an early Wednesday afternoon. I ha vent toured D.C. since 5th grade really except for Megan and my attempts to see the cherry blossoms which most often fail. There weren't crowds so I used a map I printed out to find and tour museums which didn't have an admission cost. When spring time does come, I'm going to go back and be a real tourist with a camera and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment