Friday, March 20, 2009

Application and ride

This morning I found an ad in the Washington Post for a sales position at a florist/nursery center. Its a hike from where I lived but I figured that applying couldn't hurt. The ad said to go to one of the locations and apply in person. So I got dressed and drove into D.C. I got off track of my directions, as usual, and Sam's phone was dying so I couldn't call him. Luckily the area looked familiar and I had a map in my car so I found the place. I only had enough change for 22 minutes in the meter. I filled out the application and was supposed to talk to the guy who hires but he was busy so I left my application there and am supposed to be contacted. I made it back to my car after meter expired but the meter maid hadn't made it to me yet. Good thing the hiring guy was busy or I might have gotten a ticket. I back tracked to get home having to make a few loops around blocks and u-turns to get in the right direction and on the right streets. But I made it without having to call Sam.

It was lunch time when I got home so I took the afternoon off besides making some brownies and then pasta for supper. I called Sansa about my mp3 player acting up and the woman on the phone told me how to delete all the songs off of it. So I also had to delete all the songs that I downloaded from rhapsody off my computer too so that I wouldn't put them on my mp3 player again. After I uploaded 'good' songs to my player, Megan and I went to the gym for a bike ride. She thought we were done at like 4 miles but I told her we had to do 10. We continued on a different bike but she quit before I was done. Tomorrow I have a lot of things to do and will try to get to the pool to have a weekend practice. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment