Thursday, March 5, 2009

Maybe third times the charm

I just got back from my second stroke clinic. Let's just say it didn't go so well. The instructor didn't realize that he didn't teach us free-style when he told us to do free-style down the pool and back stroke back. So after I went my 2 strokes and then began to drink water. I got up and waited to say "Chuck, we don't know how to free-style." So he was like 'oh, I thought we did that.' So we spent the rest of class doing free-style. He individually coached each of us on our weaknesses. He knows that I'm afraid of getting water up my nose or drowning. He said we just need to relax and I'm supposed to breath out of my nose. So I got better at coordinating my breathing with my stroke without getting water up my nose but I would be completely exhausted when I got to the end of the pool. He told me not to get frustrated but he knew I was because I couldn't hold back the tears in my goggles. I told him that I get out of breath and he asked why. I told him that my boyfriend says my legs sink so I use more effort to kick. He said that its good that I know what the problem is and that he can see my back tense up when I start to struggle to continue swimming. He said that he doesn't even kick that much and for me to go slower. But if I do that then I will sink and drown because I'm not kicking and not stroking as fast. If only the triathlon had the breast stroke instead of the free-style because he said that I'm a 'natural' at the breast stroke. I passed one of the girls when we were doing our breast stroke warm up drills.
So at the end of the class, Chuck said that the more practice I do the more comfortable and less tense I'll get. But in order to keep practicing I have to be able to keep swimming but I cant because I get exhausted and do one more stroke then come back up for air and continue with that pattern. I told him I wish the triathlon had the breast stroke because I am comfortable doing that. He asked when my triathlon was and I said April 19th. He kind of did an 'eek' gesture and suggested that I come in to practice when we aren't in class. I guess Tuesday's class didn't set the trend of good things to come.

On another note, Sam and I visited an apartment on Wednesday that we couldn't see on Monday because of the snow. Let's just say that the tour didn't go very well so it made it easy to choose which apartment we want to lease at. I went to body pump then last night and I was feeling those squats.

I went for a run this morning but my hips and ankles and calves were not having it. They were sore from body pump so I failed my run.

The plumber then came this afternoon (instead of tomorrow morning) and found the leak. So this was going to allow me to go to the gym tomorrow morning and then drive home to h-town tomorrow night for 50's Family Night (Grease theme) at our church. But a plumber estimator guy is coming at lunch time tomorrow to estimate how much it will cost to replace the bathtub and shower. Not sure if I'll fit the gym in or not. But I warned Mom that we have to go on a 10 mile bike ride on Saturday. She gasped and asked if we could go slow. I mapped it out and it is more than 3 laps down and back our road.

No comments:

Post a Comment