Thursday, March 26, 2009

Last Class

Yesterday I woke up with a major crick in my neck. Since I already knew I was skipping body pump, I decided to go workout in the afternoon to allow time for my neck to loosen up. So I picked up some heat pads at the store and put it on my neck for a few hours until I went to the gym around 4. I wrote Megan an email about my neck and ironically she had a kink in her neck too and had a heating pad on hers at work also. Suck a twin thing. I did a brick run at the gym not knowing if my neck would allow me to do both the bike and the run. My neck was fine but my run was rough.

I had planned on making curry when I got home from the gym but I thought about a McDonald's fish fillet sandwich so I had no craving for curry anymore. After I showered I headed to McDonald's and then onto Evening Star for 'Screw the Economy' Smack down with my fellow laid off former co-workers. Come to find out, Megan also stopped at McDonald's and got a fish fillet sandwich too. Yesterday must have been a high twin connection day. We didn't stay out too late and Priya was disappointed because she was ready for a major smack down.

Since I did a brick run yesterday, I wasn't sure what to do for a work out this morning. So I went to a Core and More class. I hadn't been to pilates in a while because of my stroke clinic class and I figured Core and More would be a close substitution. And I think it was. I made my curry today since I didn't yesterday and then I prepared myself for my last stroke clinic class. Chuck was back tonight but didn't realize that it was our last class until we thanked him at the end of the night. I re injured my blister on my big toe from the flippers and Chuck gave me some tips to improve my stroke but some of them are hard to actually do while in the water. I also told him about the pool being short but he said he didn't know and that it is only slightly shorter than 25 meters.

I had two collisions tonight in the pool, I guess to make up for not having any during the rest of the class. I was on a roll doing the back stroke with my flippers on and ran into the wall with the top of my head. My lane mate was there so I told him to let me know if I start bleeding. Later on then, he was on my side of the lane when I was doing the back stroke again and he ran into me. It didn't effect me too much and he apologized for being on my side and was out of breath.

I'm going to go over to Sam's in a bit and we are going to eat popcorn while watching HGTV. Sounds like a thrilling night. He asked if we were going to watch a movie since we were having popcorn, and I told him no.

Tomorrow morning I'm going with Priya to Costco. The only thing I have on my list is 10lbs of frozen chicken breasts and Gatorade. Shes going to take me back in a few months once Sam and I move into the new apartment to stock up on bulk items such as toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenexes and other stuff.

Now that I have my bike and tomorrow is supposed to be warm and sunny, I asked Aaron if he wants to go on a bike ride. But I'm still waiting for his reply.

My body is tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment