Friday, March 27, 2009

Trip to Costco

I met Priya at Costco this morning. It was very busy for a Friday morning. We were both expecting it to be less crowded than it was. It was a successful trip. She kept me from buying too many things that weren't on my list. My list only had Gatorade and 10lbs of chicken on it and I ended up buying like 6 items including a Birthday or Christmas present for Megan. After I checked out, my receipt said that the Vitamin Water that I got is for kids. But the ingredients said 'electrolytes' and that is what I was looking for. When I got in my car to leave, I was hot and put the windows down and opened the sun roof.

It felt springy out so when I got home I went through the fridge and freezer a bit and started some laundry. The smell of spring put me in the spring cleaning mood. After lunch, I got ready for my bike ride. It was warmer but still partly cloudy so I wasn't sure if I should wear shorts or not. Aaron responded to my invite to ride along with me but he was going on a hike today so he didn't want to go on a ride. I looked up 4 Mile Run trail online. It wasn't too clear but I got the basic gist of where to get on it and where to go. I went the opposite way to the trail today that I took to get home last time. It was nice to ride on the trail because I didn't have to worry about cars and intersections and stuff. I could even see the new apartment from the trail. So whenever Sam and I move, we will have easy access to it. I hit a few swarms of bugs along the way but luckily my sunglasses kept them from getting in my eyes. I just had to make sure I kept my mouth shut. The trail met the Mt. Vernon trail and I had the option of going north or south. So I went north along GW parkway and stopped at Gravelly Point where I watched a few planes take off and gave my head a break from the helmet. I did the reverse trip back. The same hill that got me last time, got me this time again. I had to get off my bike and walk it for a little bit so I could catch my breath. I have to look for an alternate path to avoid it next time.

Tomorrow morning I'll have to go back to the pool. It will be crowded but hopefully there wont be any parties and I wont be involved in any collisions. What I do in the afternoon is still up in the air. If Steph responds to my email, I might hang out with her. Or I might go with Megan to Mel's to play with married people. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment