Friday, March 13, 2009

Refund city!

Since I don't have a real 'training' schedule for Fridays, and since I was tired and my legs were sore from yesterdays workouts, I decided to go to the gym this afternoon rather than this morning. I had been putting off doing my taxes because I owed money last year and since I am on a limited income now, I was postponing having to pay anything. But I have been taking care of tasks this week and Megan got money back on her taxes, so I figured I would do mine this morning since I was putting off the gym. Well I got $963 back from the feds and $6 back from VA. I always get suspicious though why the difference is so much. Especially because there was one part of the taxes that asked me how much I spend on retail items that were not taxed. I put $0 but it wouldn't except anything less than $1. So I changed it to $1. Not sure about that one. I hope I don't get audited. So now I can afford to buy a bike for the triathlon and can say that I'm using my refund for all my other tri purchases (swim suit, caps, goggles, running shoes, stroke clinic classes, mp3 player, pool passes...). I should add it all up to see how much money I have left from my refund and put the rest towards purchases for the new apt. I already bought an area rug so there's one thing that it went towards before I even got it.
Just did the math. I still have $500 to spend and I can spread that out pretty well. Woo hoo!

I still wasn't ready to go to the gym so I took a nap. I woke up and realized that it was getting late and I wanted to get to the gym before people come after work. I took my sudoku book to do some puzzles while I took a casual bike ride on a stationary bike. The puzzle was going well until I turned up the bike level to 5. I started to sweat more and couldn't concentrate on the puzzle so I gave up on it. I watched Oprah and listened to my music until my 10 miles were up. I then hopped to a treadmill but was only going to do 1 mile since I ran yesterday but my shoe came untied and I only made it to .8 miles.

Not much else planned for tonight. Megan and I have a lot of milk so we are trying to use recipes that call for a lot of milk. I believe that macaroni and cheese is for supper. I want to make tapioca but need tapioca to make it. And then later I'll go see Sam when he gets home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment