Monday, March 16, 2009

Catch up.

I ended up not doing much of anything on Saturday besides putting together a photo book of Sam and my first year together. I felt guilty but figured I deserved a day off. I went for a swim on Sunday morning. I went to a lane that only had one guy in it so I stood next to his bag thinking that he would take the other side since his stuff was over there. But as I stood at the edge of the pool, contemplating getting in, he swam up and stood at my feet in the water. I'm like "Hello! I'm standing here. Get to your side and share the lane." So I went over to the 1' of deck space between his bag and the lane marker and got in there. He stayed on his side of the lane and then when the class got out of the first 2 lanes, I moved there. When the guy got out of his lane, he picked up what I thought was a snorkel and extended it into a cane. The guy was blind or at least had bad vision! No wonder he wouldn't get out of my way.

I was then in the 'free swim' area which includes the entry ramp and first two lanes without dividers. There was a father and his little boy playing in the entry ramp so I stayed along the lane divider doing my laps. More families started to come and fill in the free swim area. I asked a lifeguard if another class was starting, he said no. My goal was to do 1 full lap. I finally realized how to slow down like Chuck said and I managed to do 2 full laps but took a quick break and breath between the lengths. During my final lap, there was a father and his child at the other end of my 'lane.' I figured since they had all the rest of the free swim area and all I wanted was 3 feet next to the lane divider that by the time I go to the other end of the pool, they would move. But they didn't! I had to stop short so I wouldn't swim into them. At least another father had the decency to tell his child to 'swim over here to stay out of this nice lady's way.' So I was bitter and went into another lane that had just opened up and swam back to the other end and got out.

I had water in both ears this time and when I jumped to get it out of one, I could hear it going further into the other side. This was very annoying but I remembered how Mom would pour peroxide in our ears to clean them out when we were younger. So I had Megan do that to me and 'bam!' No more water ears. I'll have to do that again next time since obviously I'll get water stuck in them repeatedly.

Sunday afternoon/evening, Sam and I were meeting some his work friends to go out for Mexican food and margaritas in D.C. We took the metro so we could both drink even though Sam didn't like the margaritas very much the last time we had them. I had my fill of food and drinks and Sam even had more. Even though the weather was rainy, it wasn't too cold so we walked back to the metro but after our next transfer, the train was not coming for a while so we hopped in a cab to come the rest of the way home. That made a quick ride of it.

Today I had plans to have Thai with Priya and Aaron. I hadn't figured out how or when to get my morning work out in though. So I hurried to the gym for a run this morning then met them for lunch. I had been craving pad Thai since we had been talking about getting it. I feel satisfied now that I had it. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get ingredients to make sticky buns and tomato basil soup but while I was there the pad Thai must have kicked in because I felt sleepy and depressed. I got some ice cream too so when I came home I took a nap and then had a banana split. And then Megan picked me up to go to body pump. I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment