Thursday, March 19, 2009

Play dates with the girls

I went for a run around the 'block' yesterday morning. The weather was nice and I wanted to get a short run in before Priya picked me up to go get her wedding dress. I think map my run said that my 'block' is 2.4 miles. It has some hills and valleys so that made it tough. And my mp3 player was acting up wanting me to renew my subscription but I don't want to and so it kept shutting off. I had to hurry and shower but was ready when she got here. It didn't take very long for her to get her dress but I was there to make sure they did it well and to see how the bustle works. We wanted to spend some more time out since it was sunny so we wandered to some of the other stores in the strip mall. Priya says we are 'those' (older) people now who go shopping in the middle of the day. She had to be home by 3 to watch her Soaps so I came home and napped before I had to go to body pump. My arms were tired so I didn't use quite as much weight.
Today was similar. The weather wasn't as nice and it was wet out but I wanted to get a quick run in before Shivanee showed up after lunch to go to the Washington Home and Garden Show. It started raining more as I was running but I had no short cut home and my mp3 was still acting up. After I showered and Shivanee came, we picked up Priya and then met Sam to park in his garage and to take the metro to D.C. We took our time at the show to make it worth while for our entry fee. But I don't even know what the fee was for because all we got for free was like product magazines and advertisements and crap. There were not discounts or giveaways or even a raffle. We all spent $5 there. I got Megan a pig ring and Priya and Shivanee each got a baby orchid. I had Priya drive by the new apartment yesterday, so today I drove by with them to show Shivanee it and to see how to get to Priyas from there since we will be able to play when I move.
Shivanee and I were tired and hungry when we got back so we stopped for some sushi and then I took a rest before my stroke clinic class tonight. Class tonight was similar to Tuesday's. We started with flippers again which made my blister from Tuesday upset. And then I did medleys for the rest of the night. But my breaststroke still wasn't working so I told Chuck I was giving up on it. He said something about doing what I know or focusing on swimming what I can or something like that. I think this meant for me to focus on freestyle since that is what I need to get better at. Chuck ended class early again but I mumbled at him that I was going to keep swimming since I don't like to get in, I try to make each practice long and worthwhile. I kept swimming until the rec center closed and I was the last one out of the pool. When Chuck ended class, I worked more on just freestyle but I tried breast stroke one more time and it worked better so I stopped trying it then so I wouldn't get frustrated again. Chuck isn't going to be there on Tuesday and I was worried what we are going to do without a teacher. But he said that we will have a sub and that he will be back on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment