Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Breaking and entering

This morning I went to the craft store to return and then repurchase picture frames that I bought like 2 weeks ago but I thought are cheaper this week. After I got out there and the cashier rang them up, we realized that what I paid for them the other week was actually cheaper than they are this week. So that was a wasted trip.

I then went for a bike ride today. It was chilly again so I waited till after lunch and I packed a bag with my keys and phone in it and took my bike outside. I started to ride down the street but realized that I needed my sunglasses so I returned to my house and realized that I didn't have my bag on my back so my keys were inside the locked house. I considered riding into Megan's office and getting her keys, that wouldn't have been a problem. But I remembered that the side window on the house wasn't locked. I plopped down my bike in the front yard and slid up the screen and then the window and fell in the house under the blinds. I didn't think it would be so easy to burglarize the place so I locked the window after I got in. I hope no one saw me climbing into the window. I got my keys and back out I went. I mapped out my route trying to stay away from dangerous roads. I wanted to go about 10 miles but my route was only over 6 miles. I started mostly on the sidewalk dodging shrubs and poles and when the road was wide enough, I rode along the shoulder. There were some actual bike lanes on the street that I rode in and felt most safe. And since I'm one of those people who are likely to hit a bicyclist, I considered what moves to make from that perspective. I went over to Aarons place to see if he wanted to ride with me but as I pulled up, he drove off in his car. So I called Priya to see if I could stop by but she didn't answer her phone either. I had drifted most of the way on the first half of my trip but started to sweat and work hard on the second half. That one hill was tough but actually made my ride into work out rather than a joy ride. When I got home I took a break and put some pictures into my frames and made some egg salad and waited for my stroke clinic.

We knew Chuck was going to be out of town today, but our sub who looked familiar and I think is a lifeguard said that Chuck was sick which is why he couldn't make it. They didn't get their story straight. The sub read our instructions from his phone and we started off similar to Chuck but after the warm up, we had to do 4 laps or free style, then back stroke then breast stroke. I think that was all Chuck told the sub to have us do so we were allowed to do whatever we wanted then. Obviously, I continued doing freestyle. I was at 4 laps and saw the sub standing at the end of my lane. I thought he was going to tell me they were closing but instead he told me I could continue swimming until they closed. Well, duh. I knew that and he interrupted my laps. So I told him I was going to do one more. I did my final lap and was considering doing another one but the lifeguard got down so I figured my time was up. I was feeling good about my progress for the triathlon until the sub said that the pool is only 20 meters long and not 25. I was trying to do the math in my head to figure out how many lengths that is but it was too much thinking to do while I was swimming. So when I came home I did the math and so now I have to do 12.5 lengths (6.25 laps) in order to get a full 250 meters in for the triathlon. I wish Chuck would have told us that weeks ago. Our last class is on Thursday so after that I'll focus on freestyle when I go on my own time. Tomorrow night I'm going out with the rest of my laid off friends to 'celebrate' so I'll be skipping body pump. I might try a brick run in the morning then.

No comments:

Post a Comment