Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sticky buns

I made sticky/cinnamon/pecan buns this morning so I didn't have time to go to the gym between the bread rising. But I think that is an acceptable reason. I made sure I had enough of all the ingredients this time so I made a lot of goo but might have cooked it too long because the goo turned into caramel. When the sun came out this afternoon, I planted some pansies outside too.

At swim class tonight, there weren't too many people so we each had our own lane. I guess people were out drinking for St. Patty's day. I wanted to go out drinking but the class got in the way but I am wearing green now and am going to have a beer with Sam later when he gets off work. Chuck started us off with flippers which were a lot of fun and really move you through the water. So when I took them off I didn't feel like I was going anywhere. But they gave me a blister so it was good I didn't have to wear them anymore. I spent the rest of the night doing a medley of freestyle, back stroke, breast stroke and then freestyle again; repeat. But I cant to the breast stroke anymore. I used to be able to do the breast stroke before I could do freestyle and Chuck called me a natural at it. But I am glad that I can do freestyle better now and not the opposite. Chuck says I'm doing great with freestyle. He saw that my breast stroke wasn't going well but I need to ask him again next time how to glide again because I'm not and even though its supposed to be a 'resting stroke' I am definitely not resting during it. So I'm frustrated that I used to be able to do it better and now I don't know how to glide.

Megan came along tonight. She wanted to watch the babies but the babies come during the day so she only got to watch me and the older people in water aerobics. She said I am rigid in the water. I told her that is because I'm supposed to stretch and rotate and stuff so I probably over emphasize the moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment