Sunday, March 29, 2009

Game night

Yesterday morning I went to the pool. It wasn't as crowded and I expected but there also weren't any babies to watch. I got in a shallow lane with another dude and once I got in, he stopped so we could discuss if we were going to swim in circles or each take a half of the lane. He was trying to find out how long I was going to be swimming so I told him that I'm just a beginner and doing the mini tri. So then almost each time I got done a length or lap, he would have a tip for me. Most of it was the same as Chuck but I was getting frustrated because I cant keep my butt and legs up higher because they are meaty and heavy and stuff. I swam for almost 45 minutes but was done so I got out and thanked my lane partner for his tips and told him that they are all overwhelming. He gave me his email address and told me he would give me a private swimming lesson free of charge. I told Sam this when I got home and he told me to never talk to him again because he is just trying to get in my 'pants' (I like to use 'suit' instead since I was wearing a swimming suit and not pants). Oh, and I got water in my ear...again.

I was going to go up to see Steph yesterday afternoon once she got home from a funeral. But to get a head start, I left my house before she called to say that she was on her way home since it takes probably an hour to get up there. I was about 15 minutes away from my house when she called to say that it wasn't going to be a good day to hang out. So I immediately called Megan to see where she was because she was going to play with Melanie. I came back to the house and put on some make up and did some of my hair and then we left for Mel's. After Megan and I got to Mel and Roy's, we went over to Sarah and Matt's to play games and have supper. Usually I don't like to play games because like Monopoly and Risk, they take hours to complete one round or like some card games, they are boring. But the rounds went fast and they were fun so I enjoyed it. We also watched Mel and Roy's wedding video since I didn't attend it. It was a long video but I can now pretend like I was there. Megan and I expected them to be done socializing at like 9 since they are all old and married now but they aren't like that and apparently stay up late on Saturday nights.

I will probably go on a run today. I told Megan that she can ride my bike while I run around the hood. Megan is currently prepping cookies and Annette is coming over later so we can finish them. I then have to go to the grocery store because I'm making supper and having a movie night with Sam, Megan and maybe even Annette.

I can hear birds chirping so even though its cloudy, it still seems spring like out. And as I write this, I think it is getting sunnier out. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment