Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First stroke clinic.

I just got back from my first stroke clinic class at the rec center. I went early because I knew it would take a few minutes to convince myself to get in the water. The Marlins (elementary school kids) were still having their swimming class so I didn't know where my class would be. But after the Marlins got out, their lane opened which the lifeguard told another guy was for the stoke clinic. So I got in that lane and the guy who was teaching the Marlins was my instructor too. No one else for my class was showing up so I got to show the instructor my free style and tell him what I am struggling with and my goals. He says that I am too tense and need to slow down and eventually said that I will be easy to train or something like that. Two more people finally showed up to the class so he had to check their skill and then gave us little drills. I only drowned once on my back with my kick board. We worked on the breast stroke (frog) tonight which I can do better than the freestyle except that I don't glide which is when I'm supposed to take my break which means I would probably tire myself out if it was part of the triathlon. I only chocked myself a few times but got plenty of my saliva in the water and then wonder who else has done the same thing and that I'm getting their saliva in my mouth. Yuck. Class was 45 minutes but didn't seem too long. Now I just have to wait for my anxiety to kick in for class on Thursday. And I have water in my ear...sucks.

I went for a run at the gym this morning to make up for not doing anything yesterday or Sunday. It was cold and hard getting out of my snuggie this morning to get dressed though. But after my run, it didn't seem too bad out. And it was even harder to think about putting a swim suit on and getting in the pool when it felt like 1 degree outside.

Sam and I are going to check out one last apartment community tomorrow morning. We went to see it yesterday but they wouldn't show us any of them because of the snow. Hopefully we will be able to decide then which apartment works best for us. I'm proud of us for agreeing so far on which places we like and dislike. This is a good sign (I hope without jinxing us). And then its back to body pump for me tomorrow night. It feels like I haven't been there in forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment