Thursday, March 12, 2009

Can't hear

I went for a run on the treadmill this morning. The guy at the front desk at the gym has started to say 'hey' to me as if we have talked before. I guess because I have been coming in often, he thinks that we are friends. Either that or he thinks I'm not. I then had my stroke clinic class again tonight. (Repeat from Tuesday). Tonight I got there early to give myself more time to get in the pool. The water felt warmer, or else I just didn't feel pressure to get in fast with Chuck standing behind. Tonight we did our drills first (I started my drills before Chuck got there) and then did some free style with the kick board and the 'pool buoy' and then on to the real free style and then we added in some back stroke. My right arm can do the back stroke better than my left side but Chuck says that will improve.
At one point, I thought I was supposed to be waiting for another guy to catch up so Chuck could tell us what to do next so I made small talk with Chuck. He asked where I was from and I said Maryland and he guessed from 'the mountains.' Correct! He asked if I wanted to go to the deep end. I wasn't sure if he was asking me out on the date (like 'down town') or just asking to see if I wanted to go down there because I wouldn't have to share my lane. I responded by talking in circles but ended up saying that I would go since he convinced me that I can tread water and wouldn't drown. He then asked if I wanted to learn how to dive. I told him how I used to be able to but didn't for years and now when I try I end up going in feet or belly first so that was a definite 'no' on learning how to. But I guess we are saving the deep end for another night since he didn't tell me to go down there tonight. Then I spent the rest of class doing free style to one end of the pool and then back stroke back. Chuck says I'm improving and will be ready for open water in no time in which I replied 'never!' Well that wasn't quite exactly what I said but similar. Chuck disappeared and came back in blue jeans to say by and then left. We just kept swimming till the life guard blew the whistle for the pool to close.
I got water in my ears again. But this time they don't just hurt, I cant hear either. Annoying. After I changed into dry clothes I headed to the exit but stopped to watch the last minute of the ACC tournament on a TV in the lobby to see my Terps beat NC State. Go Terps!
Tomorrow if I have enough energy I'm going to try another brick run. That's about all I have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment