Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Hour, Brunch and Snow

Friday night I asked Megan if she wanted to get pizza for supper. But she said that Annette wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant. So I was excited to join them for margaritas. But they weren't planning on going till 6:30 which is late for happy hour. I was hungry and it was only 4:30. I heard that my former co-workers were going to happy hour then so I drove in and met them for what I thought would just be 1 drink before going to meet Megan and Annette for Mexican food. One drink turned into 4 once Megan and Annette joined me at happy hour. We adjusted our Mexican restaurant location to one within walking distance. Megan ordered us all a margarita there which I wasn't planning on. And as usual, we hardly touched the food we ordered. We talked with our waiter a bit and he told us to come there for happy hour next time and then stay for supper. Sam was getting off of work in about 2 hours and since none of us were in any condition to drive, we walked to Annette's where I waited for Sam to pick me up and Megan and Annette passed out around 9:30. By that time, I was sober enough to follow Sam to his place where my car wouldn't get towed.

I didn't have many plans for Saturday except to get groceries. So Megan and I went on a thorough shopping excursion and stocked our fridge back up. I knew I had to go to the gym some time but since I didn't have anything planned, I went on a 2.5 treadmill run in the evening while Megan was getting ready for a date. Towards the end of the run I was staggering a bit but pushed through.

Yesterday (Sunday) was a busy day. Megan and I were having brunch with Priya at Amber's new house. Priya was picking us up at 10am but luckily I was only making/taking mimosas and Megan and I prepped her egg casserole/stratta/fritata the day before so we only had to bake it in the morning. Poor Priya had a late night the day before attending a wedding until the early hours of Sunday and I was concerned she would be hung over or sleep in past 10. But she was good and did neither of the two. She even made her food dish on Sunday morning. The light snow that had fallen on Saturday night didn't bother any of us, but made it a little messy when we got to Amber's new house because we didn't want to make a mess. Amber had stayed up late too finishing decorating and prepping her house for visitors. After brunch and catching up, the four of us went to see He's Just Not That Into You. It was a good movie but made me want to call Sam when we got out. I guess to confirm that He's Just That Into Me. We did the whole Sunday matinee showing so the tickets were cheaper and the theatre wasn't full.

After Priya dropped Megan and me back off, I only had 1.5 hours to prep supper for Sam. He was coming over at 6 and bringing a movie. So I obviously didn't have any time to go tot he gym. I made Caesar salad and supreme pizza minus mushrooms on Sam's portion. We watched Babel which I don't recommend and couldn't watch again. It was long and drawn out and just not a very nice movie.

Sam and I have plans today to go shopping for clothes for him and apartments. We were worried about the 5"-8" of snow they called for to disrupt those plans. He needs me to help him buy some new gym clothes and maybe some button ups. We were planning on having a lunch date at Chipotle also but postponed that. He called Marshalls and I called all of the apartment places to make sure they are still open. And they are. The apartment leasing offices seemed surprised that I didn't think they would be open with 5 inches of snow on the ground. Well I'm not taking my car anywhere today, so that includes the gym again. Sam said that I could go on a walk outside to make up for it. Megan and I went out for a bit this morning but it was still snowing and the wind was blowing it in our faces so we didn't stay out that long. Sam is going to pick me up soon so we can start our errands for today. He has a jeep cherokee and looks forward to that one day a year that he can use his 4 wheel drive. But our parking lot looks like the snow has melted off of it already. Hopefully he fulfilled his need for driving driving in already this morning because there isn't much left on the road (at least right here) for him to play in.

No comments:

Post a Comment