Monday, March 9, 2009

I was 'in the country' this weekend. I was going to attach a picture of me as Sara Lee (think Grease's Sandra Dee) from Friday night's 50's and 60's Family Night at church but that takes effort. The weather was nice and so Mom and I played outside on Saturday. We didn't go on our bike ride again because we couldn't get the compressor pump thing to start to pump up our bike tires. So we cleaned up the flower beds, washed our cars and dyed mom's hair.

I had to hurry back down yesterday (Sunday) because Sam and I had an appointment to sign the lease on our new apartment. We ended up getting a really good deal with 2 months free on a 12 month lease and all other fees waved and another $400 off. But since Sam is moving in a month before I am, he will get to take advantage of the first month free. He said he will give me a discount then to make it up to me. We went to his parents after that for supper and to check out the furniture they are willing to give us. They have a lot of couches but the ones they are willing to give us aren't ideal. They have wooden arms but the cushions are basically pillows so I can easily make covers for them. And since I came straight from my rents and then signing our lease, I didn't have time to make dessert and Sam's mother called me out on it. So i defended myself saying was in h-town till 2 pm and then went straight to sign the lease. I guess next time I'll know better. Stop at Giant or somewhere like Sam suggests.

I went to the pool this morning. The water was cold again so it took me a while to get in. I started off sharing a lane with another girl. I started off using the kick board like Chuck has us start. But I was getting exhausted just by that and then when I tried it again later, I was kicking but not going any where. I started with the breast stroke again but didn't 'glide' as usual. I then just practiced free style. I breathed well but still got exhausted at the end of each length of the pool. So I would stand or sit on the edge for a few minutes to catch my breath and then do it again. I paced myself with the people in the lanes next to me to make sure I was going slow. But I passed a girl in one lane once rather than staying with her. I stayed there for 45 minutes. That's about all I can stand. Babies were in the shallow end so I watched them on my breaks. I'm glad I can time my breathing and strokes now but wish I can go more than one length before having to take a break. My form isn't that good either so I'll ask Chuck what/how I need to improve on.

Now I need to find something in my kitchen to eat and maybe go outside for a little bit before the weather downgrades again.

No comments:

Post a Comment